In accordance with federal guidelines, the following non-discrimination policy is in effect in the Vale Public Schools: It is the policy of the Vale School District to promote non-discrimination and an environment free of harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age or because of the race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or age of any other person(s) with whom the individual associates in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices as required by federal and state statutes.
Nondiscrimination Policy (PDF)
Public Complaints (PDF)
Inquiries regarding compliance should be directed to the Superintendent, Vale School District #48, 403 E. Street West, Vale, Oregon 97918. Telephone 541.473.0201.
Inquiries, comments or complaints from residents of the School District or from other individuals who have business with the District shall be dealt with in accordance with the following procedures:
- Inquiries, comments or complaints shall be first heard by the proper authorities (i.e. school principals, supervisors, etc.) and/or the Superintendent.
- The Superintendent may then refer the matter to the Board, or the individual may petition the Board for a hearing.
- When a complaint is brought to the attention of an individual Board member, the Board member shall request that the complainant discuss the problem with the proper school authorities and/or the Superintendent following the procedure outlined above.
- The Board member shall advise the complainant of his/her right to request a hearing from the Board if the complainant remains dissatisfied after discussing the matter with the proper authorities and the Superintendent after following the regulations governing complaint procedures.
A process for prompt resolution of any formal complaint presented to a district administrator, supervisor, or Board member shall include:
- Complaints alleging discrimination or harassment
- Complaints alleging a violation of state elementary and secondary school standards
- Complaints about administrative policies, decisions, or practices
- Complaints about curriculum content or materials
- Complaints about school personnel
- Other types of complaints
If unable to resolve a complaint at the informal level, a complaint form may be obtained from any school office or the office of the Superintendent. The completed form should be submitted to the appropriate administrator as indicated:
|Administrative policy, decision or practice||Superintendent|
|Americans with Disabilities Act||Director of Special Education|
|Curriculum content and materials||Director of Curriculum|
|Equal educational opportunity||Building Principal|
|Equal Employment opportunity||Superintendent|
|School personnel||Employee’s immediate supervisor|
|Section 504 of the Rehab Act||Director of Special Education|
|State elementary or secondary standards||Superintendent|
|Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964||Building Principal|
|Title VII of Civil Rights Act of 1964||Building Principal|
|Title IX of Education Amendments, 1972||Building Principal|